Welcome to my blog. So glad you’re here. I’m Ivette, a 30-something working mama with two wild and wonderful boys. I’ve been married for 11 years to my better half Sam. I’m a Florida girl through and through. I grew up in Miami (South Florida) and moved to Tallahassee (North Florida) to attend Florida State University many moons ago and never looked back. My Cuban roots with my love of the South makes for a fun combination of Latin Fire with Southern Hospitality.
I started my blog during my first Maternity Leave (who does that?!) and have been actively sharing my passion for food, fashion, family and “balancing it all” on this platform. I love having a virtual tribe and community of like-minded women who support and cheer each other on!
I hope you find some value in the content I create and if there is anything you want to see that isn’t currently featured, drop me a line!
For anyone interested in exploring potential partnerships, feel free to download my media kit and reach out. I love working with brands that I believe in and sharing those experiences with my readers and followers on social.
To wrap up this little intro, I thought it would be fun to share 10 Things About Me:
- Spanish is my first language
- I won a Cuban hair contest as a child (Chica Mirta shout out)
- I lived in France with an exchange family and speak French conversationally (sadly I used to be fluent, but never use the language any more)
- I’m terrified of singing in person, but will do drunk Karaoke at the drop of a dime (can’t get me off the mic)
- I was a TV reporter (hello Veronica Corningstone)
- I won an EMMY Award (career highlight)
- Had blonde hair in my early 20s (not a good look y’all)
- Was a Spinning Instructor
- I was the “time saver” traffic girl on local radio in college (early mornings, but so much fun)
- I won a local “Dancing With The Stars” themed charity event thanks to my salsa skills (gracias a mis raices Cubanas)