As we start a new year and especially a new decade, it’s important to think about the small and large goals we wish to accomplish.
I’ve seen a lot of people posting about being “better versions of themselves” and that somehow feels negative to me. I don’t know why, it just feels as if you’re bashing yourself.
I do believe in self-improvement and growth, but I guess I see it as a constant focus where you build on who you are and add to it versus completely scrapping the “obsolete” version of you. Let’s face it — good, bad, ugly and otherwise…that’s what makes you, YOU. So embracing the peaks and valleys, the wins and learns, the sunny and the dreary, shapes and evolves you.
To kick off 2020, I decided to focus on 20 different goals. These are not all major things, but small reminders or areas of focus to keep in mind and work on through out the year and into the decade ahead.
1. Rock being a mama of two
2. Dedicate quality time to each of my children, making them feel special
3. Continue growing in my marriage, planning special, small moments to enjoy each other’s company
4. Continue our journey to financial freedom
5. Save, save, save
6. Be more present
7. Live more simply
8. Declutter (literally and figuratively)
9. Make memories
10. Plan mini-adventures with my family
11. Kill them with kindness
12. Give myself grace
13. Give others grace
14. Don’t sweat the small stuff
15. Stress less
16. Laugh more
17. Get in shape post baby
18. Grow in my career
19. Grow my instagram/blog
20. Celebrate everything
Happy Goal Getting,